Services to Birth Parents
ALL services to birth parents are completely free. Here our our services to birth parents considering placing their baby or child for adoption:
- Confidential services
- Assistance with clothing, housing and groceries.
- 24 hour birth mother hot line to answer any questions you may
- Quality counseling, goal setting and help with confidential
- Compassionate personalized attention and support regardless
of your decision to adopt or parent.
- A nationwide selection of screened and qualified Adoptive Families
who are interested in infants and older children.
- Adoptive Families of all religions, race and ages. There are Hispanic, East Indian, bi-racial, and African American adoptive families.
- Option to exchange on going letters, photos, and to meet the
- Medical, legal, public aid and housing referrals.
- Help Birth families avoid having their children removed from
their home by Child Protective Services.
- Free information and adoption articles on all aspects of your adoption journey
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments at AdoptionTree.com. We will not judge you or tell you what you should or shouldn't do. We care about you and are here to support women in their pregnancy decisions. We are available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you consider your options, allowing you to choose what is best for your child and yourself. We want you to know you have options and choices.
Services to Adoptive Parents
- Adoption Tree maintains a large staff allowing us to provide more personal service than most centers. We are able to spend more time working on a custom adoption plan to fit your needs, both personally and financially.
- We focus on what we do the best, helping birth mothers and families. We refer out for other services such as legal, counseling and home study work to qualified professionals in your area.
- We offer a free consultation to discuss how we can help you build your family through adoption. Day and evening appointments are available. To schedule this consultation, give our office a call at (530) 271-1740.
- We operate longer business hours than most adoption companies. We are open from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday, and 8:00am to 4:00pm on Saturdays. This insures we are available to our families from coast to coast. We are available 7 days a week, 24-hours a day and on holidays for emergencies and births. You can always reach a member of our staff immediately through our toll-free 24-hour hotline. Very few adoption professionals can claim this availability. Most attorneys, agencies and facilitators do not have the resources to offer these important services. At Lifetime, we want to be available for all of our families and birth parents when they need us.
- We are one of the few adoption organizations in the U.S. that is a member of the Better Business Bureau. View our Better Business Bureau report.
- We network with professionals and organizations in all 50 states to reach birth mothers.
- References are available from Lifetime to qualified professionals that will assist you in your adoption journey. You will find organizations to help complete your home study in your state and referrals to qualified attorneys in other states who handle interstate adoptions. In California, Lifetime works with a number of attorneys that have reduced their fees just for clients of Lifetime.
- An exclusive membership site, specifically for our adoptive families. It features a forum, articles, forms, tips, audio recordings, and much more!
- We will help you create and edit your “Dear Birth Mother” letter and profile. Your letter and photos will be featured on our website and included in the Lifetime Adoption Magazine.
- We present your profile to birth mothers who contact us. From these profiles, the birth mother chooses a family to adopt her child. When she does not wish to make this decision, we select a family for her based on mutual needs and wishes.
- Match time is typically between six to eighteen months. The shortest period of time that a Lifetime adoptive family has waited for a match is 24 hours. Most adoptive families wait six to eighteen months; very few have waited longer.
- We receive and screen calls from prospective birth parents before you speak with them to avoid unnecessary disappointment. Due to the high volume of birth mothers we normally work with we are able to choose and work with birth mothers who are most likely to complete adoption.
- We provide you with questions to ask a birth mother during the preliminary stages of a match. We request medical records, lab results and counseling reports on your birth mother, when available. You are given all information we have about your birth mother.
- Our Birth Mother reclaim rate is less than 5% compared to the national average of about 20% as reported through various sources.
- We will arrange and pay for your birth mother to have up to two counseling sessions with an outside licensed family counselor and unlimited telephone consultation with our support staff and peer counselors.
- We prepare a hospital plan and contact the hospital and hospital social workers on your behalf.
- We can offer a reference for birth mother support when you are unable to be at the hospital because of distance or delays.
- We help you plan, and can be an intermediary for, ongoing post-adoption contact with your birth mother regarding photos, letters or visits, depending on your agreement.
- We have a separate and unique non-profit 501 (c) 3 Foundation that provides educational scholarships and assistance for drug free birth mothers who have placed children and would like to continue their education. We are the only adoption organization offering this to birth mothers.
We look forward to helping you build your family through adoption. If you have questions, please give us a call at (530) 271-1740. Or, you can reach us on Skype at the screen name “lifetimefamilysupport.” The first step to building your family is to fill out our free application at LifetimeAdoption.com.